Course Introduction: Sales Essentials Online Learning Programme
A free sales course, The Course Introduction is the first module of The Sales Essentials Online Learning Programme.
The Sales Essentials Online Learning Programme is built off the back of the Barrett Sales Essentials Transformation Programme, which is the first university accredited sales programme in Australia (comprising a Diploma of Business, a Certificate IV in Business Sales and Certificate IV in Business Administration).
Some things you need to know about Sales Essentials Online Learning Programme:
- The purpose of Sales Essentials Online Learning Programme is to help you develop the fundamental knowledge, skills and mindset of successful sales professionals without compromising your personal integrity.
- Sales Essentials Online Learning Programme is NOT a series of lectures where you listen and watch and we talk, nor is it a textbook online. It is an 8 module programme that is designed to be applied and interacted with in real life. It is where you can learn about the real world of selling, WHY it is important to you, and HOW to apply selling fundamentals in your career. The modules are designed to give you a mix of learning modes i.e. podcasts, written text, videos, questionnaires, quizzes, worksheets, templates and role plays, which are designed to cater for a wide range of learning styles.
- Each module will take approximately 2-3 hours to complete and can be done in one or in several sittings. The content of each module is designed to be practical and applied in the field drawing on the organisation’s business strategy, messaging, value proposition, customer, competitor, and market information to ensure that it is always working in concert with the organisation’s goals.
- Sales Essentials Online Learning Programme will allow you to reflect on your own situation and then create and customise new content that you can use and apply in real life to help you make more sales, generate more revenue and develop healthy, viable client relationships.
- All worksheets and templates can be saved and stored for ongoing use and practical application in the field. We also continue adding tools and apps to our Sales Essentials shop.
- Sales Essentials Online Learning Programme is designed by an international team with a global market place in mind. Specific cultural nuances withstanding, the programme is designed to provide people with access to the core sales principles, processes, tools, and fundamentals that are common in 21st century sales across a global marketplace.
- Can be delivered as a stand-alone sales training programme or be embedded into a more complex learning and development context.
- Is ideal for inducting new sales recruits to fast-track them with the Sales Essentials skills, processes, and tools.
- Is designed for blended learning approaches, i.e. to use as part of a sales course or sales coaching programme providing practical content, exercises, tools, and resources.
- Is perfect for introducing other departments to selling and the idea that ‘selling is everybody’s business’.
- Can be used to help non-salespeople in the organisation understand how to sell across the entire value chain.
How does it work?
Each module takes approximately 2-3 hours to complete online and can be done in one or in several sittings. All modules provide relevant and topical lectures, podcasts, videos, written materials, practical questionnaires and tools, as well as additional resources. You will then need time to start putting things into practice immediately. We offer specific tasks and exercises in each module to direct you through the successful implementation of your new (or refreshed) knowledge and skills.
What are the main topics covered?
Basically the Sales Essentials Online Training Programme covers all the relevant topics for professionals in business-to-consumer and business-to-business sales roles. These include:
- Sales Philosophy, History and Ethics;
- Sales Planning and Go-to-Market Strategies;
- Prospecting and New Business Development;
- Consultative and Solutions Selling;
- Communication Skills for the Sales Process;
- Maintaining Momentum; and
- Healthy Sales Mindsets.
For more detailed information on the content of all modules have a look at this Module Overview. For customised requirements please contact us on +61 3 9533 0000 to discuss further.
Please see this page.